April 2018 Library Board Meeting Minutes
CRAMAHE TOWNSHIP LIBRARY BOARD MINUTES
Wednesday April 18th 2018 - 7.15pm / Castleton Library
- Lorelyn Morgan (Chair)
- Mayor Coombs (Council Rep)
- Tony Davidson (Deputy Chair)
- Abigail Connell
- Mary Corp
- Ed Greenwood
- Ross Payne
- Clair Breton
- Mary Norton (CEO)
Call to order by the Chair.
- No disclosure of pecuniary interest made.
- Agenda for April meeting approved.
Moved: Clair Breton Seconded: Ed Greenwood Carried
3. Minutes from January meeting approved.
Moved: Marc Coombs Seconded: Ed Greenwood Carried
Minutes from March (no quorum) approved.
Moved: Abigail Connell Seconded: Mary Corp Carried
- Treasurer’s Report: January, Feb and March Library Finances will be available for the May meeting as a quarterly report. Currently no untoward expenditures have been incurred.
- Statistics – a breakdown of stats over a five year period was provided for the Library Board to examine.
- Library Expansion update: Jeff Hoskin had sat down with library and board members to draw up specifications for the tender application which will be sent to Northumberland County for final revisions and dissemination.
CEO drew Board’s attention to the dedicated work Andrew Keogh had provided the CEO during the process of applying for the Trillium Grant and the drawings that were also provided for the Trillium Application. As the tender going out is for a “design build” there will be no further need for his services so she requested an honorarium for his services and time. It was agreed that $1,000.00 would be given to Andrew with thanks.
Moved: Ed Greenwood Seconded: Marc Coombs Carried
. A motion was made to continue the meeting in camera, to be closed to the public, pursuant to the public libraries act 1990, c. p.44 s. 16.1 (4), concerning a personal matter about identifiable individuals, including municipal or board employees.
Moved: Tony Davidson Seconded: Marc Coombs Carried
A motion was made to continue as a meeting open to the public.
Moved: Ross Payne Seconded: Abigail Connell Carried
A motion was then put forward as follows:-
That, following a satisfactory Performance Evaluation in February 2018, the Library CEO shall receive the 2% pay increase approved by Council for 2018. This 2% pay increase will be effective from January 1t 2018.
That following a satisfactory Performance Evaluation in February 2018, Library Assistant Lisa Jones will move one step up on the township Library Pay equity Grid, from step 2 to step 3 of the grid and will be backdated to February 16th 2018. On July 1st 2018 Lisa Jones will receive the 2% increase approved by the Township in 2018.
Moved: Tony Davidson Seconded: Ed Greenwood Carried
- Castleton Library Flood – Due to the ice storm and subsequent melt, Castleton Library had again flooded. The “drain” at the base of the Emergency Ramp was a major factor, as it overflowed and the water just continued into the library through the bottom of the Emergency Exit door. Unfortunately the flood was in both the main part of the library and the Heritage Room. The Operations Department has been dealing with it and library staff (Mary and Sarah) cleared the book shelves and front desk and Heritage Room to enable this. Castleton Library was closed Tuesday April 17th and Wednesday April 18th, but it is hoped to be open by next Saturday.
- Any Other Business: The Question of Library Board member attendance at meetings was raised, in relation to having a quorum. In the months of February and March it had not been possible to have a quorum for various reasons. Some members had health issues and other personal issues that prevented them from attending. However it was highlighted that because of members who spend a substantial amount of time overseas during the winter, this puts a lot of pressure on every other member to attend the regular monthly meetings. Having a quorum allows library business to progress efficiently.
- Next Meeting:- May 16th 2018 - Colborne Library
- Meeting Adjourned: Moved Clair Breton Seconded: Ross Payne Carried