March 2018 Library Board Meeting Minutes
Wednesday March 21st 2018 - 7.15pm / Castleton Library
- Mayor Coombs (Council Rep)
- Abigail Connell
- Mary Corp
- Mary Norton (CEO)
- Lorelyn Morgan (Chair)
- Apologies, Clair Breton, Ed Greenwood, Ross Payne, Tony Davidson
Call to order by the Chair.
- No disclosure of pecuniary interest made.
- Agenda for March meeting NOT approved as the Meeting had no quorum.
- Castleton Library Report . On top of the successful Castleton Report presented by Sarah Toyne:- Circulation was down 1%; but wifi combined with patron computer usage was up 7%; program attendance was also up………. the meeting discussed the possible impact on attendance at Castleton library, once the fibre internet has been installed. A recognition that new space for wireless users would be needed, perhaps a “laptop bar” of some type, custom made to fit the area selected. More thought will be given to this in the upcoming months.
- Statistics – deferred to April.
- Library Expansion update: Announcement was made that Trillium had approved the Library Board’s Capital Grant Application for the maximum amount of $150,000.
- Any Other Business – none
Next Meeting:- April 18th 2018 – at Colborne Library